How You Can Help
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched...but are felt in the heart."
-- Helen Keller
There are many ways you can help. Seedlings is a 501(c)3 organization and all donations are tax-deductible to the full extent
of the law. Your donations help to subsidize braille book production,
keeping Seedlings' books affordable. Volunteers fill important roles in the braille book production process,
warming the heart of both the giver and recipient. Whatever you can do will be greatly appreciated.
Help keep braille literacy alive for children with a gift to Seedlings. Every ten dollar donation makes another braille book
- Memorials and Tributes in Honor of Friends & Family: Dedicate a braille book
in honor or memory of a special person or occasion by donating to Seedlings.* We will send a letter to your
honoree or the family of the deceased informing them of your kind gift.
Seedlings' 2014 Holiday Tribute Card
- Tribute Cards: Dedicate a braille
book in honor of a friend, family member, coworker, or teacher, etc. and receive an elegant card that you can give to them
informing them that a braille book will be inscribed in their name.* The tribute cards say: "In your honor, a donation has been made
to Seedlings Braille Books for Children to help produce braille books for blind children. A book will be inscribed in your name!" Other cards are also available
for other occasions. Call 800-777-8552 for more information.
- Fundraising Events: Metro Detroiters ... you can support Seedlings by joining us for our 30th Anniversary Dinner
at St. Mary's Cultural Center on 11/7/14!
See the events page
for more information.
- Shop at AmazonSmile and .5% goes to Seedlings: Set your bookmark to smile.amazon rather than amazon and select Seedlings as your charity, then order
as usual and .5% of your total will go to Seedlings!
Just go to http://smile.amazon.com/ch/38-2565354 and place your order!
- Search & Shop Online for Seedlings: Now you can earn money for Seedlings every time you search
the internet or shop online!
Just go to www.goodsearch.com and type "Seedlings"
in the "Who do you GoodSearch for?" box. Be sure to bookmark the page and use it for all your searches.
Also, if you go through GoodSearch to your favorite online stores (everything from Amazon to Walgreen's),
a percentage of your purchases will be donated to Seedlings!
- Kroger Rewards Program: Now you can raise money for Seedlings when you grocery shop!
Contact Seedlings for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 734-427-8552 or 800-777-8552.
- Dress Down Days: An easy way to help Seedlings is to hold a "Dress Down Day" or "Jeans Day" at your school or business.
Everyone loves casual Fridays, so here's your chance to get comfortable for a great cause. Employees can make a minimum donation, in the amount of your choice,
in order to dress casually on the date(s) of your choice. Simply collect the funds and mail them to Seedlings Braille Books for Children.
Contact Seedlings (734-427-8552 or email@example.com) for more information.
- Cartridges for Kids: Turn your trash into treasure for Seedlings! By donating used cell phones, toner
and ink cartridges, etc., you can help the environment and Seedlings at the same time. Contact Seedlings
(734-427-8552 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. Once the recyclable items are sent to Cartridges for Kids,
Seedlings will be sent a check for your items!
A Seedlings volunteer assembling print-and-braille books
- Volunteering: Seedlings' mission depends on dedicated volunteers.
Certified braille transcribers/proofreaders and general office volunteers are needed.
- Fundraising Items: Our unique fundraising items include
braille T-shirts, tote bags, jewelry and more!
For more information about Seedlings, view our most recent Volunteer/Donor Newsletter here.
* Please note: To ensure the privacy of our friends and supporters, Seedlings does not rent, sell, or
exchange its donor lists with any organization or individual. Seedlings is a 501(c)(3) organization and
donations to Seedlings are tax deductible as allowed by law. (MICS 8623)
Back to top